Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 2/4/08 thru 2/11/08

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

I thought we'd try a relationship spread, since I don't believe we've done one that was specifically built for that before. We'll be using one of Aranarose's spreads here:

Originally posted by aranarose View Post
    This one looks at each person as an individual, and then looks at the relationship.

-------5--9--6-------
    ----3-----8-----4----
    -1--------7--------2-

1) How partner A feels about their self
    2) How partner B feels about their self
    3) How partner A feels about partner B
    4) How partner B feels about partner A
    5) How partner A feels about the relationship
    6) How partner B feels about the relationship
    7) Where the relationship is coming from
    8) Where the relationship is now
    9) Where the relationship is heading

This can be used not only for love relationships, but for parent/child, friendship, and business relationships.
    So, tell us which relationship you want your reader to look at.

For me, let's go with the hubby.

Comment

Okay. I'm in. The relationship I want looked at is me and my husband's girlfriend.
      ~*~
      There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
      Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
      I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

Count me in as well. Aranarose, if you'll please PM me your first name... I want this reading for me (Brenda) and my fiance Mike. Thanks!

99% Accurate ~ Professional Tarot Readings by yours truly...
        I also do FREE readings for MW members

Proud Christian Witch & Ordained ULC minister

Comment

I'm in! I'd like a look at my relationship with my boyfriend please
          Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
          "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

I'm in, how about my relationship with my friend Iris.
            Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

I'm in - how about me and my love interest. :D
              http://www.inlucesco.com

Comment

Sounds like fun!

Here's a challenge; let's do one about me and my ex-girlfriend.
                Now accepting reading requests!

"The opinions that I do not give are the opinions I don't got." -Modest Mouse

Comment

Arana for Lisa - DONE

Brenda for Arana - DONE

Aluokaloo for Brenda - DONE

Zephyr for Aluokaloo - DONE

inlucesco for Zephyr - DONE

Belgalad for inlucesco - DONE

Wolfpup (slacker) for Belgalad - DONE

Taliesyn for Wolfpup

Lisa for Taliesyn - DONE
                  Last edited by LisaT4P; February 16th, 2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Wow, I've been slacking! I completely missed the last spread... oops!

I'm in for this one. I'd like a reading for me and my husband.

Comment

hey- this one almost snuck by me too! I'm in- my wife and I please

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
                        Wolfpup (slacker)

Comment

for Zephyrstorm

Okay, Zephyr, I hope this is helpful! I use the Golden Tarot and I don't read reversed.

1) How partner A feels about their self
                          Empress - It sounds like you're in a pretty good place right now. You've got everything you need and you probably aren't struggling too much, emotionally. You're comfortable with yourself and how you relate to others.

2) How partner B feels about their self
                          Hanged Man - I think this indicates that she's in some state of flux, and doesn't know what to do or where to go. It's frustrating for her that she can't seem to make things happen, but just sit back and wait.

3) How partner A feels about partner B
                          Hierophant - is this friend a mentor of some sort to you? She might have come to you in a time of spiritual need (and card 7 would support that) and helped you get through a tough time, but now it's time for her to be supported in that way, I think.

4) How partner B feels about partner A
                          King of Wands - she sees you as happy, confident, and able to achieve your goals. It sounds like she believes that you can cheerfully direct the course of your life, but that might mean there's a little resentment on her part, since she's stuck in the transitional Hanged Man rut.

5) How partner A feels about the relationship
                          Devil - clearly there's something going on here that's just not working, some inhibition or frustration or fear that either you feel, or you sense from her (I would put bets on the latter). Maybe you're trying to help her and you just don't know how.

6) How partner B feels about the relationship
                          Lovers - I have to wonder if she's attracted to you (I don't know if that's the case, as I don't know your situation; that's just something that crossed my mind when I pulled this card in conjunction with the Devil). If not, I think she feels like the relationship is being tested in some way. Maybe she is jealous that she thinks you have your life together and she doesn't, or maybe she feels like you need to make a choice between her and another friend or aspect of your life.

7) Where the relationship is coming from
                          9 of Swords - Worry, guilt, anxiety - I think your friendship, like I said, comes from a time of great upset that she helped you through.

8) Where the relationship is now
                          Page of Coins - since this is a card of slow progress and going through the motions before the 'good stuff' happens, maybe you're just kind of hanging out with her and hoping things will get better. I think this card also means that if there is a conflict, you're going to both have to put in some effort to get through it.

9) Where the relationship is heading
                          Wheel of Fortune - so, whatever will happen is destiny. Either she is destined to be your friend or you'll have to let it go and not beat yourself up about it. I don't have a particular feeling about it (which is why the wheel of fortune frustrates control freaks like me - give me an answer dammit!), except that if she is going to stay in your life, things will have to change for the friendship to work. I think this is more of an attitude adjustment sort of change, though.

Okay, hopefully, that made sense to you.
                          http://www.inlucesco.com

Comment

Originally posted by inlucesco View Post
                            Okay, Zephyr, I hope this is helpful!
                            Okay, hopefully, that made sense to you.
                            wow. oh yes, definitely made sense.
                            We've been having some problems since I talked to her about her relationship with her boyfriend - he's been insulting to everyone, intermittently, including towards her, and I was worried.
                            Thank you!
                            Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

I sent WAHM-Brenda's reading to her via pm.
                              Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                              "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Working...
                              X