Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 4/23/08 to 4/30/08

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

I know, I know... It's been too long. But I'm still going to call it "Spread of the Week", so there.

Anyway, here is a very nice spread I found by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince (again, over @ Tarot Passages): http://www.tarotpassages.com/Pages2/2003novsprd.htm I don't think a specific question is warranted for this spread, so we'll just do a general sort of reading for each other. Enjoy!

The Hermit’s Quest by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince

In the Major Arcana, the Hermit, like the Fool, goes on a journey. The Hermit, however, does so with intent, leaving behind all s/he knows to seek alone for something more. The Hermit card is also often called the Inner Teacher. What this means is that you must learn for yourself, through your own work and experience. This spread is intended to help you understand and define your quest for that something more in your life, to bring it one step closer.

Multiple questions are listed for each spread position, to help expand your thoughts on the subjects. You may select the one that feels most pertinent to your personal situation, or you may consider them all. Additional cards may be selected for the additional questions, or you may consider that facets of the single card you choose holds the answers for all. The cards, and the power, are in your hands.

Setting Out:
    Card 1 – Why I leave
    Why am I not satisfied with what I already have or what I already know? What is pushing me or driving me on?

Card 2 – What I seek
    What is calling out to my soul? What have I been missing all my life? What is the unknown that needs knowing?

Card 3 – What road I take
    Where do I begin my search? What is my first step? What is the road that is right in front of me? How can I know it’s the right road?

On the Road:
    Card 4 – What I bring
    What do I think I need to help in my search? What do I truly need? What do I always carry with me?

Card 5 – What I leave
    What am I choosing to leave behind? What am I inadvertently leaving behind? What do I wish I could leave behind?

Card 6 – What I find
    What do I find that I have always known would be there? What do I find that is unexpected? What is the value of what I find?

In the End:
    Card 7 – Why I am alone
    Why is this my very own journey? What does walking alone mean to me? Who am I really?

Card 8 – Where I arrive
    What does having what I sought look like? What does it feel like? How can I know when I have found it?

Card 9 – Where I go from here
    To what might I want to return? For what might I want to keep looking? How does what I’ve found change my next steps?

Comment

Comment

Sorry 'bout that Lisa! I'll be happy to join.
        Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

Count me in too, please...

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Yay! I figured you guys didn't notice it because the older ones were up for so long. LOL

So,

Zephyr for Lisa - DONE

Curious1 for Zephyr - DONE

Adora for Curious1 - DONE

Aluokaloo for Adora - DONE

Lisa for Aluokaloo (coming soon to a tarot deck near you)
              Last edited by LisaT4P; May 4th, 2008, 07:25 PM.

Comment

For Zephyrstorm

"This spread is intended to help you understand and define your quest for that something more in your life, to bring it one step closer".

Setting out

Why I leave - 3 of Wands (reversed)
                "What is pushing me or driving me on?" - something just doesn't feel right and you're not quite sure why. Perhaps there is a longing within you for something more...something that will allow you to express yourself in a new way. What you've been doing has been working for you, but hasn't been as personally fulfilling as you'd of hoped, or, you feel stuck in a rut and want to do something different - at least for a while to see what it's like.

What I seek - 9 of cups (reversed)
                "What have I been missing?" - the satisfaction of becoming a part of something bigger - a part of something that includes people outside of your close personal friends and family (your comfort zone). There's an indication here that you might feel out of place in social situations. You're sensitive to the words and actions of others and tend to take them to heart. You might feel like you have a hard time fitting in and prefer small close gatherings of those with like attitudes.

What road I take - 2 of wands
                "How can I know it's the right road?" - you will just know. Your first step IS right in front of you and you are well aware of it. This is the doing of something because you CAN and you know what to do...you just don't have all the details worked out. But that won't matter, you have enough confidence in yourself to know that whatever you need, you will provide and wherever you go is wherever you need to go. The only hesitation I see indicated might be the fear of losing something you already have (in your hand) for the potential gain of something unknown. But basically, the road you will take is the one you know you should take...instinctively.

On the road

What I bring - 5 of Swords
                "What do I truly need?" - to put yourself first. It's your journey, make the most of it! Honestly, this card is very hard for me to read in this position...but I think it means that when you are unfair to yourself, you also are being unfair to others. Don't limit yourself in order to avoid disappointing others.

What I leave - Queen of Pentacles (reversed)
                "What do I wish I could leave behind?" - the nagging feeling that physically things are not up to par...that things could be better...that things should be better. It's hard to see the forest for the trees. Our environment is a reflection of ourselves and sometimes it hard to see beyond what is of our own making.

What I find - 4 of Swords
                "What is the value of what I find?" - TIME...and the value of time well spent. No one ever really "finds time", per se - what they do find is the value of time...usually when it is in short supply. Maybe you should take some "me time" - rest, recharge and renew yourself...prepare for the end of the journey.

In the end

Why am I alone - 5 of Pentacles
                You're alone because you are not looking in the right places. Much of this reading has to do with "looking out" for what you want and think you need and "looking in" to find out why. Walking a particular path alone doesn't necessarily mean being alone.

Where I arrive - 10 of Pentacles
                "What does it feel like?" HOME! It will look and feel like home - where you belong.

Where do I go from here - 7 of Swords
                "How does what I've found change my next steps?" -Avoidance of commitment. I think the warning here is to stay on track and look where you are going...don't be afraid of doing what you know needs to be done. And don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it either. Worrying about a problem never solves it...if your going to run around carrying those swords (thoughts/ideas), at least turn them around/upright so that you can use them - otherwise they just might pin you to the ground!

Good luck!
                Last edited by Curious1; April 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM.

Comment

oooh lisa can I join pretty please?
                  Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                  "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Originally posted by aluokaloo View Post
                    oooh lisa can I join pretty please?
                    Would I kick you out? Me???? Nah.... I wouldn't do that. :weirdsmil

Comment

Reading for Curious1.

Deck: Vanessa Tarot

Based on the cards if you smoke or drink you may want to cut back. I almost chocked on the amount of smoke being generated from the women in this spread. Let me know how I did on your reading.

Card 1 – Why I leave
                      Why am I not satisfied with what I already have or what I already know? What is pushing me or driving me on?

Death: Transformation/transition A hip chick holds a skull while dangling a cigarette from its holder. The smoke curls upwards to wards the moon in the window. Black candles are lite behind the woman. Her earrings are scythes. Change is inevitable.

Card 2 – What I seek
                      What is calling out to my soul? What have I been missing all my life? What is the unknown that needs knowing?

Nine of Coins: Wealth and satisfaction. A woman in a pink suit and sunglasses stands in front of a window that looks out to a luxurious garden. There is a cigarette in her hand and a thin line of smoke that draws they eyes to a blue vase on a stand. The woman faces away from the window and is not enjoying the view. She is aware of her wealth and proud of her accomplishments.

Card 3 – What road I take
                      Where do I begin my search? What is my first step? What is the road that is right in front of me? How can I know it’s the right road?

Four of Cups: Indecision and contemplation of a choice. A woman sits outside at the Tarot Cafe coffee shop and considers her options. A hand with a coffee mug is visible at the edge and implies that there is another person at the table the woman is sitting at. The woman reminds me of a 1960's beatnik based on her clothing. She wears a beret and a striped shirt. The woman is not alone but she must decide for herself what path she will take. No one can tell her what to do for her life journey, so she must decide and take the path she believes to be best based on the information she has available.

On the Road:
                      Card 4 – What I bring
                      What do I think I need to help in my search? What do I truly need? What do I always carry with me?

Queen of Coins: Wealth and haughtiness. A richly dressed woman with her hair piled high on her head is moving past a room in her mansion. On the wall is a portrait of herself. She is not sitting in the chair and stopping to smell the roses in the vase. She has taken her purse with her on her trip through this room. Be aware of who you are and do not allow others to think of you as aloof. Others in your life view your personality as aloof even if you do not perceive it.

Card 5 – What I leave
                      What am I choosing to leave behind? What am I inadvertently leaving behind? What do I wish I could leave behind?

Temperance: A woman mixes a concoction of pink liquids behind a bar. The woman has a pair of pink angel wings on her back. The woman has a determined look on her face to create the best possible drink. There are plenty of bar stools for people that want to come and have a chat. You are a dedicated individual do not leave your friends behind.

Card 6 – What I find
                      What do I find that I have always known would be there? What do I find that is unexpected? What is the value of what I find?

The Fool: A woman holds her thumb out while sitting on her lugage and waits on the side of the road for her journey to continue. There is a rose and a dog on the same side of the road as the woman. The woman is ready for adventure. She is ready for life to present her with her next challenge.

In the End:
                      Card 7 – Why I am alone
                      Why is this my very own journey? What does walking alone mean to me? Who am I really?

The Chariot: A woman in a pink convertible with the top down races down the highway of life. There are several packages in the back seat of the car. The woman and the shopping bags are alone in the car. There is a cow in the background. You are driven towards your goals and are unstoppable.

Card 8 – Where I arrive
                      What does having what I sought look like? What does it feel like? How can I know when I have found it?

Knight of Wands: A woman is about to parachute out of an airplane. She is about to take a leap towards are goals. There is a yellow bird outside of the airplane door. She is ready to jump in to the clouds and towards her future.

Card 9 – Where I go from here
                      To what might I want to return? For what might I want to keep looking? How does what I’ve found change my next steps ?

Two of Cups: A woman and a man meet at a table in a bar. There is a bottle of wine and two glasses with wine on the table. The woman is seductively dresses in a low cut black dress with red trim. The couple is not talking. The man looks as if he is leaning against the table and about to leave his stool. The conversation is finished. The woman must decide if she will leave this meeting before the man does.

Comment

Adora,
                        Honestly, I didn't understand the reading...so I can't comment one way or the other! Nice job on relaying the imagery of the cards you are using tho. I googled the Chariot you spoke of (because of the cow) in my reading and found it! LOL! *I like cattle.* However, I hated the card. I detest the color pink and the driver of that expensive death trap reminds me of Fran Drescher whose voice I cannot stand!

Oh well...I guess I simply cannot relate to much of anything today...

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. Glad you liked the cow. I thought the car for the chariot looked like an expensive way to driving.

Comment

Thank you for the reading Curious1 - Wonderful job. Totally fitting, hon.
                            Now to put the advice into motion.
                            Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
                              Would I kick you out? Me???? Nah.... I wouldn't do that. :weirdsmil
                              YAY! does happy dance
                              Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                              "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Working...
                              X