Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 5/19/08 to 5/26/08

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.

To see previous Spread of the Week threads, please go to the Tarot FAQ: http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=152605
    Scroll towards the bottom to see the listing.
    Last edited by LisaT4P; May 20th, 2008, 02:38 PM.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

While browsing over @ Aeclectic for spreads to use in the 2009 Tarot Lover's Calendar, I came across this one. It appeals to me for 2 reasons: 1) it only has 5 cards! Woot! 2) it involves vampires and I'm currently reading a vampire novel.

So, here is the link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=59820

It is called the Vampire Cross by Judy Z

--4--
    3-1-5
    --2--

1. Around you is your coffin: what protects you.
    2. Below is the ground: the foundation.
    3. Behind you is your humanity: what you gave up to become what you are now.
    4. Above you is the moon: what lights you way.
    5. In front of you is the sun: the challenge you need to keep in mind.

I dont' think this is a question type of spread, but more of a "where I am now" kinda spread. I think next week we'll read for ourselves, so if you want to practice on a guinea pig, sign up for this one or you'll have to wait an extra week!

Comment

Bumpity.

Comment

I'll jump in on this one Been awhile, need to get back in the swing
        ~*~
        There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
        Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
        I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

Just got my new deck, courtesy of Lisa- Aranarose, you'll be my First victim!

Comment

Thank you for another spread to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesyn View Post
              Just got my new deck, courtesy of Lisa- Aranarose, you'll be my First victim!
              Ooohh.... I like being victimized!!! Oh... wait... damn... mind in gutter ... Hey! I'm back!
              ~*~
              There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
              Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
              I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
                While browsing over @ Aeclectic for spreads to use in the 2009 Tarot Lover's Calendar, I came across this one. It appeals to me for 2 reasons: 1) it only has 5 cards! Woot! 2) it involves vampires and I'm currently reading a vampire novel.

So, here is the link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=59820

It is called the Vampire Cross by Judy Z

--4--
                3-1-5
                --2--

1. Around you is your coffin: what protects you.
                2. Below is the ground: the foundation.
                3. Behind you is your humanity: what you gave up to become what you are now.
                4. Above you is the moon: what lights you way.
                5. In front of you is the sun: the challenge you need to keep in mind.

I dont' think this is a question type of spread, but more of a "where I am now" kinda spread. I think next week we'll read for ourselves, so if you want to practice on a guinea pig, sign up for this one or you'll have to wait an extra week!
                WOW! That is a deep spread. I was going to play with you all this week, but my question is not worthy of that spread. Maybe next week.

Originally posted by aranarose View Post
                Ooohh.... I like being victimized!!! Oh... wait... damn... mind in gutter ... Hey! I'm back!
                :rollingla
                ~*The Image is Clear & So Is The Choice*~

Comment

Originally posted by 1111 View Post
                  WOW! That is a deep spread. I was going to play with you all this week, but my question is not worthy of that spread. Maybe next week.
                  Wussy.

Comment

Arana for Lisa - DONE

Taliesyn for Arana - DONE

Adora for Taliesyn - DONE

Curious1 for Adora - DONE

Deb for Curious - DONE

Sky for Deb - DONE

aluokaloo for Sky - DONE

Lisa for Aluokaloo - DONE
                    Last edited by LisaT4P; May 28th, 2008, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I find vampires creeeepy...but I'm in anyway!

Comment

Can I join in again please !

Comment

Ok i decided to take your advise and participate. Besides this week's spread is awesome,very creative. I love vampires and their lore! *writes down spread*

So if i understand this correctly,i am reading for Deborah13b?And when do we post our reading?

Oh, the summer time is coming,
                          And the trees are blooming,
                          And the wild mountain thyme
                          Grows around the blooming heather.

Comment

Yep, you'll read for Deb. Any time you get the reading done is fine! I always wait until the last day to make sure no one new wants to join in. So, if you're the last person to join, your reading might be a little later than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
                              Yep, you'll read for Deb. Any time you get the reading done is fine! I always wait until the last day to make sure no one new wants to join in. So, if you're the last person to join, your reading might be a little later than the others.
                              So we can do the reading one of these days and wait to post it at the end of the week,26/05?Or can we post it before the end of the week anytime?

Oh, the summer time is coming,
                              And the trees are blooming,
                              And the wild mountain thyme
                              Grows around the blooming heather.

Comment

Working...
                              X