reading accuracies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reading accuracies

Do any of you keep a log of readings, and look back at them? Have you ever done a reading for someone, and months later wondered if it actually was relevant?

I was looking over, the other night, a log of a reading I had done when I met a new friend. I had this urge to read about her, I'm not sure why. It basically, with hindsight, was talking about the fact that she would "betray" me, that ex and I would break up, and a lot of the things reguarding the cercomstances. . . I, at the time of course, ignored the betray part, trying to change the meanings and inturpret it biasedly. . . . but. . . looking back, I can see it there! It was talking about something that actually happened!

One story I love is how my best friend's boyfriend didn't belive in tarot or things like that. This was back with the deck I'd made, not a normal tarot deck. He asked me what he was doing, on a specific date, several years before. I basically got the idea of, some sort of trip or travel, something he really enjoyed, with friends, maybe outdoors.

He had been on a camping trip with some of his best friends, that he does every year. :D!!!! Freaked him out!! "no more tarot for me!!!" he said! *laughs!*

Any stories? Any thoughts? c'mon, I won't bite, I know I havn't been around much lately, but I promise I havn't grown fangs!!

. . . yet! :D
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

keeping journals

Anyone who reads Tarot and does not keep a log is missing an important part of the learning process...this is something I stress to my classes (especially when they are still learning) - WRITE IT DOWN! Many times a student comes to class and says they did a reading for someone and it was 'on the money'. When I ask them if they wrote it down to share with the class, the answer is usually 'no'.

It would be impossible, of course, to write down every single reading we do in a lifetime; however, if today you got 'certain' cards and felt that a new interpretation was in order...wouldn't you record that to see what eventually happens? If today you got a normally 'good' card but you felt that a combination with other cards nagged you as being 'bad' - wouldn't you record it?

Keping a journal is the best thing you can do for yourself - it tracks your growth and progress.
    "I'm NOT making this up, you know!" -- Tarotbear <):-)

Off his buns and on a roll.....

Comment

I make a point of re-reading my tarot journal regularly, and adding notes to it where things have become clearer. My own readings were full of the Tower for months before I left my partner - and it hasn't appeared since! It was such an obvious message, but for the life of me at the time I just ignored it, or put a biased slant on it.

I always record my readings, because going back over old readings is a wonderful way to deepen your connection with the cards - and develop your intuition.

Nina
      Life is like a cookie jar - all the men and women merely crumbs. I, on the other hand, happen to be one of the chocolate chips. (Garfield)

Hecate Avatar courtesy of Jessica Galbreth :D
      www.enchanted-art.com

Comment

Usually I keep a log of readings, unless I'm really lazy that day . I've been doing readings for only 6 months, so I don't have too much materials to look back to. There was an event which I described in one of the posts a couple of weeks ago. I was curious to find out the reason of a plane crash in Ukraine. The most obvious interpretation would be that the plane's engine didn't work properly, but my reading told that it was the pilot's fault. And after a week it turned out that in fact I was right . They said in the news that the pilot did something he wasn't allowed to do and this was the cause of the crash.

I have another story, one that happened to my aunt. She strongly believes in all kinds of divination, but doesn't want me do do a reading for her, cause she says she doesn't want to know her future. But she had a reading when she was a young girl (she's 65 now). It was a general "what the future holds" reading. It told her she would have problems with her mother in - law, and she did. The mother in - law disliked her very much, and later, when she got old and sick, my aunt had to take care of her. Another thing in the reading was that she should avoid pregnancy. She got pregnant, but had to have an abortion, cause the baby was beyond the uterus, if you know what I mean (sometimes I hate dictionaries ). I don't remember all the details of the reading, but everything came true, except for one thing, which might still happen.

Blessed Be
        "The really great person is the person who makes everybody feel great" G.K. Chesterton

Comment

What a great idea Puma!

Of course I keep a journal!

Like Nina, two years ago....my readings for myself were plagued with the Tower. Within weeks of the onset of the appearance of that card, my boyfriend ditched me to go back to his ex. They got married about 2 months after that. What a kick in the head something like that is. But....I also had Temperance and the Ace of Wands appearing alot....about the time my ex was getting married....I started dating my current partner and father of my beautiful new daughter. Of course there were other cards that were recurring and just as important....but you get the idea. I love it when it all comes together!
          Dagda

Comment

Right now I keep getting the Ten of Cups appearing in my readings for myself. As I now have a new man, who (so far) appears to be nothing short of wonderful, I'm trying not to turn cartwheels with joy every time it appears!

Hope that you and that beautiful daughter - and your partner of course! - are doing fine!

Silver is getting very impatient, as her bump is still a bump! Still, she's busy decorating in her new house (true nesting behaviour!!), and I don't think it will be long before their son makes his appearance!

Nina
            Life is like a cookie jar - all the men and women merely crumbs. I, on the other hand, happen to be one of the chocolate chips. (Garfield)

www.enchanted-art.com

Comment

Well, I've been having readings since Christmas and have done them for myself, that the very improbable relationship I was in, in spite of problems with distance, betraying friends, and all sorts of other stuff, was going to be seriously worth keeping. And given my own tendency to sabotage, I figured it was impossible. And all the complications turned up, but as the cards kept predicting, it only made the relationship stronger.

But they were right - including Wildchild and Melysande, who did readings for me. And I'm well on my way to being about as seriously happy with someone as I could even imagine.
              Last edited by Azure; September 9th, 2002, 05:07 PM.
              "It is a good divine that follows his own instructions."
              Portia,
              Merchant of Venice, I.2

"If making oatmeal cookies with bugs instead of raisins is wrong, then I don't want to be right" - Bucky Katt

Comment

I've recently signed up for the B & N online Tarot course that MoonOwl filled us in on. (I'm very excited about this!) I've never even attempted to read before but I've planned on keeping a journal ever since I signed up for the course.

I just hope I don't bust my own bubble. I know it will take a while to learn and lots of patience - something that sometimes I'm all too short on.

Comment

I too keep a journal, a rough one at that, but I still do, and find that looking back through your readings and what did happen adds to the learning experience of life and the tarot.
                  The past few weeks (ever since I had a little false/early labour episode the sunday before last) Ive been drawing cards (was every day last week but then I decided to take a break until today).. every day I drew the same over and over again and I knew they were telling me I had to wait and be patient but I couldnt!
                  Not once did the Empress come up (and every day I asked why?), but all the other cards were very positive, lots of wands, naive's, queen's, king's, 10's, 4's.. so I thought it would all happen on the 4th but no.. now today Ive drawn the Empress!! (how I love her) and the 10 of cups and 10 of Pentacles! So hopefully (please!) it will be today! :boing:
                  New mommy & loving every minute of it!
                  Co-moderator ~ Tarot & Divination
                  &

Comment

Silver Venus be patient. I know it's hard! With my last I during my 9th month and walked, and walked, and walked, and walked.
                    I thought that kid would never show his face! I even rode - driving calves down the chute for ropin pratice. Some of the guys ask my husband to tell me go home. It made them nervous that I was just walking a horse. Hubby said, "You go tell her!"

Is this your first?

Back on topic please.
                    (Sorry ya'll)

Comment

Yes it is my first Maybe I should go a walking, come to think of it we did walk to go out for a meal the saturday when my contractions started..

Yes back on subject..
                      As we have discussed in a another thread too ~ when I feel like reading and keeping track of them really depends on my mood, which ties in allot with the moon. I think its interesting that we are talking about this and that the forum has 'picked' up again now.. as we are in New Moon phase of the moon
                      &

Comment

I have numerous "jounals" of tarot readings I've done. Recently I read back over some of the ones I did earlier in the year (and more or less forgot what the outcome was. ) but was surprised to find that I was right on the mark in most of the ones that I had done for myself.

(note to self: Start doing readings again, darnit!)

Comment

hmm well my reading yesterday was 2 10's so could that mean the 20th instead of the the 10th
                          Just goes to show that keeping a journal does show you where you jump to conclusions to suit yourself with the tarot
                          &

Comment

Of course we jump to conclusions when we read for ourselves--we are too close to the subject matter. That is why I stopped reading for myself all together. You know all the options and you chose what is best for what you hope the conclusion will be; you don't necessarily do that for a reading for a client.

Incidently, I also found I could consciously affect the cards that would turn up...another reason to have someone else read my cards.
                            "I'm NOT making this up, you know!" -- Tarotbear <):-)

Off his buns and on a roll.....

Comment

I've never been able to affect the cards coming out - although I've often found myself wishing for a particular card, it never came up! My readings for myself suffer from me putting my own bias on them with what I want to happen, but when I look over them again, I tend to find that I do get the 'right' cards, I just don't read them right!!

www.enchanted-art.com

Comment

Working...
                              X