Spreads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreads

Here are a couple links that I have found very useful when looking for a new spread.

http://www.coos.or.us/~ghess/arcana/tarotfaq.htm
    Tarot Layout FAQ-4.0.0
    This is a great reference link with over 50 spreads.

http://www.queenofpentacles.com/resources/4.html#spread
    Queen of Pentacles website
    Full of information and links.

http://home.ici.net/~ariadne/spreads.html
    A spread for each Major Arcara Card.

http://www.wiccanpoet.com/spreads.html
    Nice Rainbow spread and Karmic spread

I may edit in more links, so check back to this post occasionally.

If you have links that you have found useful for Spreads, post them in this thread.

If you have a spread you are fond of, post the positions and their meanings here!

:D
    Last edited by Dagda Moon~Lily; April 28th, 2001, 03:11 PM.
    Dagda

Wow

These are amazing. I think part of my problem in reading for myself was that I was using the wrong spread. :D
    Blessings to you and yours,

Cydira

---------------------
    "Give me liberty or give me death." ~ Patrick Henry
    "Don't tread on me." ~ Revolutionary Battle Standard
    ---------------------

I'm on Keen! Call me for a tarot reading!

Comment

I know that some spreads work great for me and others....well, I feel it's all in chaos and nothing makes sense! So, I will give a new spread a chance, do a couple readings, and then go back and see how accurate they were or weren't. If I don't feel comfortable with them, I don't use them again. I started out using the celtic cross and it remains a favorite, but I feel there's a better spread I could be using. I've heard it said that the best spreads are the one's you create yourself. So you might want to give that a try! :D Just figure out what questions you want the cards to answer, and go from there. Or don't use a spread at all. As a question, draw the top card, ask another question, draw the next top card....etcera.

:P

Dagda

Comment

Wow! Thanks!

:D Its always so nice to learn some new spreads ~ I loved the major arcana site (great idea and terrificly linked in themed spreads!) and the Rainbow spread ~ I think Ill give that one a whirl on a new victim tonight! And try out the Lovers Spread later on too...
        Thanks so much again Dagda :D
        New mommy & loving every minute of it!
        Co-moderator ~ Tarot & Divination
        &

Comment

Here's a great spreads link too!

www.tarotspreads.com
          Dagda

Comment

Cool! Maybe we could go through some of them hun?
            &

Comment

Now that I have a deck that I love I've been practicing a lot more and I've found that for me the Celtic Cross spread is the most accurate. What are your opinions of this spread?

Love & light,
              HoneyDreads

Comment

I use the Celtic Cross regularly for general readings. However, I like to try different spreads for more in depth details. Like ....I wouldn't want to use the CC to do a spread about my finances. It's just too broad for MY tastes.

I guess the CC is just my fall back spread. :D When in doubt, I do the CC and go from there.
                Dagda

Comment

Celtic Cross Rules!

LOL (sorry about that! Im feeling giddy at the moment!)
                  ~ yeah its a really good spread for a general overall reading and you can also ask it questions to do with different parts of your life.
                  I use it regulary too ~ but thats probally more often than not I cant quite remember the other ones
                  If you want to try out any other spreads Maeve ~ the Horse shoe one is really good! theres a thread here somewhere for it
                  & oo Great youve now got a deck and your having fun with it! :D
                  &

Comment

I can see your point Dagda, it is pretty general. Although the reading I did last night using it was concerning my friends relationship and he said it hit the nail on the head.

Hmmmmmm..... the Horseshoe Spread eh, I'll have to check it out. Thanks Silver.

Yes I'm definitely enjoying my new deck.

Love & light,
                    HoneyDreads

Comment

~*BUMP*~
                      Dagda

Comment

Full Moon spread

Here's a spread taken from Shekinah Mountainwater's book (great stuff!). I got this from my girlfriend and have seen some interesting results; nice flow as well.

______2
                        __13_____3
                        _12_______5
                        11____1____6
                        _10_______7
                        ___4_____8
                        ______9

This is known as the full moon spread. It's meant to look like a circle (but I'm bad at drawing).

1) Significator
                        2) relationships
                        3) environment
                        4) recent past
                        5) immediate future
                        6) healing
                        7) livelyhood
                        8) background
                        9) change/wildcard
                        10) journey
                        11) spirituality
                        12) karma
                        13) outcome
                        Last edited by lucidfire; November 14th, 2001, 03:19 PM.
                        "Stupidity often saves one from going mad." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Oo that looks great! :D Thanks sooo much! ill give it a try when I celebrate the New Moon tomorrow and let you know how I got on
                          Thanks so much! :D
                          &

Comment

Re: Full Moon spread

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lucidfire
                            [B]Here's a spread taken from Shekinah Mountainwater's book (great stuff!). I got this from my girlfriend and have seen some interesting results; nice flow as well.

______2
                            __13_____3
                            _12_______5
                            11____1____6
                            _10_______7
                            ___4_____8
                            ______9

I just wanted to make sure that 4 was in the right place. I can't wait to try it!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the 4 is in the right place; I think one or two things were modified here by my girlfriend, but this spread here, I've had really good results with; it makes it easier to see how the cards work together, and it covers aspects of things that are pretty easy to follow. It's strange, she gave me this reading, and my healing card was "death." Pretty spooky eh? :D
                              "Stupidity often saves one from going mad." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Working...
                              X