X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreads lesson 2 ~ The Horseshoe Spread

Hiya all!
    More fun! :D
    This ones a great take on a few other famous spreads (which we will be covering very soon) and gives great insights particulary on questions, so get shuffling, asking and reading! & ofcourse dicussing :D

The Horseshoe Spread
    The Horseshoe is a simple spread of seven cards arranged, unsurprisingly, something like a horseshoe. This spread is often considered to be more applicable to a specific question than a general reading, though it may be used for either.

1 The Past ~ Important events, issues or attitudes that have given rise to the current situation
    2 The Present ~ The prevailing circumstances around the questioner
    3 Hopes and Fears ~ The questioner's hopes, fears and expectations about the question or situation
    4 Obstacles ~ Current obstacles, problems and conflicts that the questioner must deal with
    5 Environment ~ The attitudes and actions of other people around the questioner
    6 The Future ~ Future events and fresh influences about to come into play
    7 The Outcome ~ The eventual outcome of events shown by the other cards

New mommy & loving every minute of it!
    Co-moderator ~ Tarot & Divination
    &

This is how the spread can be layed down with the horsehoe pointing downwards..
    http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~mun_hon/tarot/horshoe.htm

Personally I always lay the cards out with the curve pointing upwards ~ but each to there own
    &

Comment

Sorry

This appears to be a fine speard, however, it doesn't seem to talk to me. I have shuffled and dealt 10-fold and, still, nothing.

I'm okay with single, three card and Celtic Cross spreads. This one just seems to elude me.

Any idea as to why?

RnR
      RnR

Hey, being Californian doesn't mean you have to drink bottled water!

Comment

I guess that some spreads work for you and some dont Maybe this one is just not for you..Maybe the spreads you already know are perfect for you! The Celtic Cross is brilliant isnt it!

Why dont you give it another try and see what you feel after :D
        &

Comment

I like this one

Haven't got my cards here (not normally a good idea to bring them to work!) but I'm looking forward to trying this one. Don't like the idea of doing the upside down horseshoe - maybe because I was told as a kid that you have to keep horseshoes the right way up or all the luck would flow out!

Still like Celtic Cross the best! Just feels right!

Kiya

My Great grandmother was Italian, and my Great Aunt was Jewish. So I can't help it that I show affection by cooking for you. So, eat, EAT!!!

Comment

Re: I like this one

Originally posted by Kiya
            I was told as a kid that you have to keep horseshoes the right way up or all the luck would flow out!
            Yeah me too ~ It doesnt seem right having the curve pointing down does it?

This ones real clever and fun I think because its a really nice shape (everyone know horseshoes are lucky too) and you and the querrant can see the progessions change in a curve.. Which may make this spread easier for the querrant to understand and remember than the Celtic Cross which kind of goes all over the place for the querrant.
            &

Comment

just a thought

Some querrants might prefer the apparent mysticism of the Celtic Cross, whereas some I know (the b/f included!) would probably prefer to see the progression in the Horseshoe.

:bigredgri
              Kiya

My Great grandmother was Italian, and my Great Aunt was Jewish. So I can't help it that I show affection by cooking for you. So, eat, EAT!!!

Comment

lol, I think thats why the Celtic Cross is so popular (and its centuries old!) because it looks more difficult than it is and kind of throws the querrant off for the reader to be incontrol.
                &

Comment

If your uncomfortable with the "horseshoe" spread with the curve at the bottom, call it something different....like the "Smile" spread! :D

Dagda

Comment

and reversed it would be the spread!

Kiya I like your new title and signature babe!

:D
                    &

Comment

Aww shucks!

Wanted to change the avatar too, but the pooter keeps crashing when I try!

And Silver...... you know I'm not kidding about the number of fish!!

OK, before a moderator beats me about the head for not being on topic I'll shut up!
                      Kiya

Comment

Id never beat ya babe! Were nice here in tarot ~ well all over Mystic Wicks actually! No fists, just a zapping of a wand here and then :D

Ive been looking at this spread again and thought id like to change 5) Environment to ~ a kind of helping card ~ To help with the Obstacle! Your secret weapon so to speak!

&

Comment

spooky moment

I've just been doodling different ideas about an 'inspirational' smile spread - you know, the sort of thing you want to do when things are not going very well (I thought the smile/horseshoe shape would be perfect for it!) and I kept it all the same EXCEPT for card 5, which was going to be "dealing with obstacles".

Nearly the same as your secret weapon darl!

One of us is psychic at least then!

:bigredgri
                          Kiya

Comment

:D ....great minds.... :D
                            Dagda

Comment

Re: Spreads lesson 2 ~ The Horseshoe Spread

Originally posted by Silver Venus

The Horseshoe Spread
                              The Horseshoe is a simple spread of seven cards arranged, unsurprisingly, something like a horseshoe. This spread is often considered to be more applicable to a specific question than a general reading, though it may be used for either.

1 The Past ~ Important events, issues or attitudes that have given rise to the current situation
                              2 The Present ~ The prevailing circumstances around the questioner
                              3 Hopes and Fears ~ The questioner's hopes, fears and expectations about the question or situation
                              4 Obstacles ~ Current obstacles, problems and conflicts that the questioner must deal with
                              5 Environment ~ The attitudes and actions of other people around the questioner
                              6 The Future ~ Future events and fresh influences about to come into play
                              7 The Outcome ~ The eventual outcome of events shown by the other cards

Okay....I admit....I didn't have a specific question in mind when I shuffled....so....general reading it is! :D

....Funny thing is....I'm very careful about holding and shuffling my cards so they all come out upright.....but.... I have a rebel card in the deck!

1. Knight of pentacles
                              2. Empress (R)
                              3. 3 of Wands
                              4. Ace of Pentacles
                              5. 5 of Cups
                              6. 7 of Cups
                              7. King of Swords

So.....interesting....that the ACE is in the Obstacle position! ...pentacles at that!

Now this is what I get from the spread....

The knight is a messenger of $$ ...possibly finding out about a job opening that Jamie is applying for.

The Empress is me and I'm not too happy....discontent....Not as nurturing and as supportive as I could be. ...or my environment isn't very abundant at the moment....

The 3 is my search for something....that ship to come in...or seeking creative ways to make ends meet.

The Ace....as an obstacle....money's tight! Our relationship would be better if we didn't argue about $$!

Five of Cups....Environment.....Jamie feels he's letting me down and knows he may lose me because of insufficent income on his part.

7 of Cups...Future....fresh influences....(hopefully Jamie will get that job and I will have to dream of ways to spend the $$!) ....there will be options and decisions to be made.

King of Swords~Outcome.....I have no idea.

So, what do ya'll think? Do you see anything different? Let me know!

:D

Dagda

Comment

Working...
                              X