Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any techniques on makeing your own spreads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any techniques on makeing your own spreads?

Ive been studying tarot for some time now...ive gotten pretty good at it...I know many spreads... and Im trying to fing more things to learn... does anyone know how to make there own spreads...I think I understand how...but I could be wrong...could anyone give me some kind of technique... I would very much appresiate it if you could help.....I still have alot to learn...

banner by Kanilea

go with what feels right. I made a six card spread once that was a timeline sort of thing. It just kind of came out of me. I don't really work too much with the tarot anymore though.
    It's Not the Night, but the Twilight that I Love

ékam sلd vيprā bahudhā vadanti

¤´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤.SylverStar'...¤

Comment

First off, start with what you want the spread for, what type of reading's do you want to achieve from it? Health, general, daily, past, pastlife etc....

Then work out the specific type of questions/meanings you want for the spread, and start writing them down. When you are happy with them, put them in some sort of order.

Now, you have to put them in a spread lay-out, go with whatever your heart tells you. Where you think each one should be put, play around a bit until you are happy with the lay-out.

I made a spread for general readings, i included all the things i wanted in there. The reason for me making the spread is because i couldn't find one similar, and needed that type of thing for a specific reading. I usually read for myself now with healing cards, but it proved to be a very effective spread. You can see it here : http://www.tarotspreads.com/ShowSpre...a9e26a55517adb

Good Luck
      Forum Guide for the Tarot Forum

Comment

Great advice FGM!

....though I like what I call the "Slap Happy Method". I think of my question or an overall area that I would like to address while I shuffle. Then cut the deck. Then the first card laid it the "Starting Line" card. From there I read the card and ask the next question that comes to mind from the previous card. Like if it revolved around work, then I would ask more specific work related questions pending on what I gleened from the first card. I use no more than 6-8 cards with the last one wrapping it all up. So after the questions have been answered then I wrap it up. Each card seems to naturally lead to the next question that springs to mind. Like telling a story.

So to summarize, I flip the card, read it then ask another question, flip a card. But they have to follow the theme from the first card! (sometimes a little chaos is all you need)

On the fly spreads are great too. So just make decisions as you go as far as placement and meaning of that position. (before you flip the card to lay there!)

Good luck!
        ~D
        Dagda

Comment

Originally posted by Dagda Moon~Lily
          Great advice FGM!

....though I like what I call the "Slap Happy Method". I think of my question or an overall area that I would like to address while I shuffle. Then cut the deck. Then the first card laid it the "Starting Line" card. From there I read the card and ask the next question that comes to mind from the previous card. Like if it revolved around work, then I would ask more specific work related questions pending on what I gleened from the first card. I use no more than 6-8 cards with the last one wrapping it all up. So after the questions have been answered then I wrap it up. Each card seems to naturally lead to the next question that springs to mind. Like telling a story.

So to summarize, I flip the card, read it then ask another question, flip a card. But they have to follow the theme from the first card! (sometimes a little chaos is all you need)

On the fly spreads are great too. So just make decisions as you go as far as placement and meaning of that position. (before you flip the card to lay there!)

Good luck!
          ~D
          i agree. This is what i usually do when reading for myself. I usually just pull one card, but if i want more detail or want to ask a question about the card i just pulled, then i'll lay down another.
          Forum Guide for the Tarot Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Fairygothmommy
            First off, start with what you want the spread for, what type of reading's do you want to achieve from it? Health, general, daily, past, pastlife etc....

Then work out the specific type of questions/meanings you want for the spread, and start writing them down. When you are happy with them, put them in some sort of order.
            This is exactly what I do. :uhhuhuh: For example, A question about a promotion at work would go something like this:

What is the general feeling at work? How does my boss feel about my work? How do my co-workers feel about my work? What can I do to improve my work? What area am I lacking in?

And so on, just keep asking the questions you want answered and then decide which ones you want in your spread. I don't usually set up any fancy layouts, just a line spread and I try to keep it at about 5 to 7 cards so it doesn't get too out of control.

Have fun! :spinner: That's the most important thing.

Lisa
            :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Comment

you guys could have taken the words right out of my mouth..I'm getting my deck tomorrow and when I do I can't be worried about if I put this card in the right or wrong spot...so I think what I will do is just affirm the fact that "this card shall represent this....and this card shall represent that..." because all spreads had to come from someone messing around trying to find what feels right for them..
              A man who sets his bar of expectation too high will live in a world of dissapointment...
              No matter what may befall us, I will always believe in you.
              Music is a universal language.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help.... I have been doing the ask a question as I go straght line meathod but I don't know any other tarot readers so I did'nt know If It was wrong to do that or not ...Im very clear on it now....
                Thank you!! :boing:

banner by Kanilea

Comment

Working...
                X