No announcement yet.

How do you know which reading to give?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know which reading to give?

Merry Meet
    I am still studying my tarot hard and also the pendulum and runes, but I was wondering which reading you should give to which people. I mean in the guide book that comes with the tarot should you give the meanings or reverse meanings?
    How do you determin who deserves the good news and who deserves the bad news?
    Lol lot's of questions for ya sorry
    thanks in advance
    BB
    http://whitewitches.proboards43.com

Rachel

Reverse means when the card comes up with the top at the bottom. If you shuffle your cards carefully that will never happen, but if you just mix them around (like my son does) it will happen every once and awhile

Comment

oh ok
      thanks for that I feel slighly embarassed now, but thanks
      BB
      http://whitewitches.proboards43.com

Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by Eclectic Celt
        oh ok
        thanks for that I feel slighly embarassed now, but thanks
        BB
        You should never feel embarrassed to learn. Asking questions is great I have asked a million and one in here and there is always such wonderful help available. How else will you learn.
        Divine Sanctum : a place of acceptance and tolerance without judgement...

Comment

I've had it happen out of the blue... one card... and I shuffled quite carefully...

Reversals are just a step in the learning process. Some people use them... others don't
          Sat Bast, meryt Serqet-Aset her Yenipu-Wepwawet her HetHert-Sekhmet
          "While I dance I cannot judge,
          I cannot hate,
          I cannot seperate myself from life.
          I can only be joyful and whole.
          That is why I dance."
          --Hans Bos

Comment

Originally posted by dragenfly
            You should never feel embarrassed to learn. Asking questions is great I have asked a million and one in here and there is always such wonderful help available. How else will you learn.
            Exactly! Ask away, there's no such thing as a dumb question, and everyone here is more than willing to help each other learn, especially when people ask specific questions like you did. It shows that you're in the process of learning, you're taking the initiative to do your own reading and research, and you're looking for some advice or insight from the folks here to fill in the gaps or help you understand things better. :D

Personally, I don't use reversals. But if a card comes up reversed, I read it that way. And incidentally, not all reversed meanings are "bad news." And not all reversed meanings are the opposite of the upright meaning; sometimes they reflect the same situation as the upright meaning, except to a lesser degree. It can be confusing for a new reader, but the good news is that it's entirely up to you to decide whether you wish to use reversals or not--you will get a balanced reading either way. Do whatever you're comfortable with.

Comment

Ask questions like crazy!
              At least I do...I hope I haven't annoyed too many people here.

Comment

My first tarot card deck they instructed to interpret the reverse meanings but in the one that I have now it doesn't I prefer it that way the readings turn out better you know they are easier to understand

Comment

Hi Eclectic Celt -
                  As already said - there are no stupid questions - the only thing stupid is not asking a question if you need clarification on something.

As for which form of divination should be used - you can always ask the querent which form they prefer - you can do the runes in combination with the tarot - or as clarification on a reading - you can do the same spread with the cards and compare to what the runes say using the same spread

As for determining who gets the bad news and who gets the good news - this is entirely up to you - you need to determine your own divination ethics - my readings are indiscriminate - the querent is told what the cards say no matter what - I don't judge the person or the reading - it is what it is - how can a person change his/her cards if they are unaware of what the cards are saying. To me, the way a reading is communicated can make all the difference - I always tell my clients that there is no good or bad reading - a reading just IS - and anyone can change their cards once they are aware of the path they are on.

Many Blessings
                  AM

Comment

Working...
                  X