New Tarot Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tarot Cards

Okay... I just bought my second deck of Tarot cards a couple of weeks ago... Okay, maybe one week ago? lol But, is there anything you guys do when you get a new deck? It's just a Rider-Waite deck, not anything unusual. Do you guys do any purification type things? Just looking for some ideas!

Thanks!
    *Mary*

BuRNiNG FiRE

When I get a new deck, I sleep with them under my pillow....during the day, I let them sit and absorb sunlight. I also meditate with them for about 3 weeks or so....or until I get through the entire deck. :D
    Dagda

Comment

I would go with smudging them in a cleansing incense/herb... like sage, sandalwood, lavender, frankincense, myrrh.

I also like the idea of letting them sit out in the full moon. I would also let them sit in the sun (maybe not direct if it's really hot) to absorb both lunar and solar energies.

Sleeping with them under your pillow is a good idea too, that way they attune to your energies.

Lilu
      My Refuge: http://www.geocities.com/aerinleigh/
      Undercurrents: http://www.johndoe.org/undercurrents/

Comment

When I got my cards, I smudged them with rosemary & sage incense. Then I put them out in the moonlight for 3 nights. I tried sleeping with them under my pillow but it makes my pillow lumpy.
        Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Comment

When I get a new deck I sort of try to cleanse it with all the elements, like some salt for earth, incense for air, water for water and resting in the sunlight for fire.

After that I load it with my energy in a specific ritual I use, if anyone is interested I'll post it here. Let me know

Blessings
          ~ As above, so below ~

Comment

Originally posted by Emy
            When I get a new deck I sort of try to cleanse it with all the elements, like some salt for earth, incense for air, water for water and resting in the sunlight for fire.

After that I load it with my energy in a specific ritual I use, if anyone is interested I'll post it here. Let me know

Blessings
            Would you mind posting it? *gets all pleading-looking?* lol jk
            *Mary*

BuRNiNG FiRE

Comment

Working...
            X