Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonding with more then one Tarot Decks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonding with more then one Tarot Decks...

Allrighty!
    I was wondering - to those of you who own more then just one Tarot Deck - How do you bond with each & every Deck, and learn to feel each Deck's unique vibe?
    I have four Decks (as of now LOL I have a couple more coming my way - what can I say? I'm a Tarot addict!). I desperately want to bond with them and get to know each. What kind of method would you reccomend? Should I just focus on one, and once I mastered that one, move on to another one? Should I bond each night with a diff deck?

advice would be greatly appriciated!

I have 4 decks as well. I really liked my sister's deck and she hated it, and it hated her in return, so I took it over. It bonded with me quickly and I used it for many readings. Then... I got my Gothic Deck for my 24th birthday. This Deck won't let me go. I have a very strong pull towards this deck and I use it for everything. Each person is different and each decks energies will tell you which one to focus on. So far, I feel a slight pull from my other decks, but the Gothic one is so strong, I can't seem to put it down. LOL

Comment

I have uhm.... lemme count... 6 decks. One of them I never use. bleh. I don't like it and it doesn't like me. My other decks are all great. I wouldn't say that I connected with them, more like they connected with me. Although when I feel like I need to better connect with a deck, I look at each card and see who it reminds me of. And then I try to figure out why it reminds me of that person. That way whenever I draw that card I have another way of thinking of what it means (that traits the person i thought of have). That's helped me out a lot with quite a few decks.

Panth.
      Praise to the emptiness that blanks out existence. Existence:
      This place made from our love for that emptiness!

Yet somehow comes emptiness,
      this existence goes.

Praise to that happening, over and over!
      For years I pulled my own existence out of emptiness.

Then one swoop, one swing of the arm,
      that work is over.

Free of who I was, free of presence, free of dangerous fear, hope,
      free of mountainous wanting.

The here-and-now mountain is a tiny piece of a piece of straw
      blown off into emptiness.

These words I'm saying so much begin to lose meaning:
      Existence, emptiness, mountain, straw:

Words and what they try to say swept
      out the window, down the slant of the roof.

-Rumi

My Xanga

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        Allrighty!
        I was wondering - to those of you who own more then just one Tarot Deck - How do you bond with each & every Deck, and learn to feel each Deck's unique vibe?
        I have four Decks (as of now LOL I have a couple more coming my way - what can I say? I'm a Tarot addict!). I desperately want to bond with them and get to know each. What kind of method would you reccomend? Should I just focus on one, and once I mastered that one, move on to another one? Should I bond each night with a diff deck?

advice would be greatly appriciated!
        I always put a new deck under my pillow for a few nights. A sort of symbols and images exchange. Deffinately don't try to work with to many decks at once, not at first. Pick the one out of your collection that is your favorite or really 'speaks' to you and start with that one. The more you work with one or two specific decks the more in tune you will become with them and the more accurate your readings will get. I have a deck I only use for myself, my own personal readings, and a deck I use for friends readings. The others, well...they are pretty much just eye candy As far as method...a good way is to pick a card every morning and sort of mull it over in your mind as you go about your day, thinking over the symbols and imagery. At the end of the day read up on what the card means from whatever books you have and compare notes. Keeping a Tarot journal is a good way to keep up with your thoughts on each card.

Comment

I'm a 4-decker as well. I bond with them through readings, the more I use them, the more I get familiar with them. But I still have my 1 favorite deck and I still have not found one that I love as much.
          Maybe one day...

Comment

I have several decks. I buy a deck because something about it calls to me. Like Loopaleigh, I also put a new deck under my pillow for a few nights. I also handle it and look at it everyday. I compare the cards of different decks and study the similarities and differences. I use books for references, but I also feel them out.

I have several decks, but that doesn't mean I have formed deep bonds with all of them. I keep different decks for different reasons. For readings, I use the Robin Wood and a traditional Rider Waite the most. I have some goddess decks and oracles that I use for goddess studies, but not readings. I have some decks purely for their art.

Sometimes, I find I've even outgrown a deck. I'll have a deck for days, weeks, months, even years, and then realize it doesn't do anything for me or I've lost my connection to it.

My suggestion is that you take it slowly, one deck at a time.

Comment

I have several decks, and find that I have a different relationship with each one. There are some decks I just rarely read with (Thoth, Haindl, Voyager)..but when I do read with them it's always a very powerful experience. I just keep my decks in a drawer and reach in and read with who ever "volunteers" that day. I do like working with my Animal Oracle decks too...there is a special energy in those decks that I really like (could be I tend to like animals better than people anyway). I'm just beginning to really develope a "feel" for the fairy decks..for some reason the little stinkers have been "volunteering" a lot lately??????
              The two things that make life worthwhile are love and joy. If you find one, the other is sure to follow.

Comment

I have over 7 decks now and I bond with some of them more easliy then others, by simply working with them. Getting to know the symbols of each and of course charging them with my own energies.
                Last edited by SilverClaw; September 18th, 2004, 09:04 PM.
                SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X