Can someone tell me the difference between

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me the difference between

the oracle decks and the regular tarot decks? I've been wanting to know for a while. Will you please help? Pretty please? Thanks bunches,
    Alicia :uhhuhuh:
    I'm on the left. I love this picture.

Latest News: “Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” - Albert Einstein

I dunno.... I have an oracle deck and a tarrot deck, but.... I dunno.

Comment

The main difference is that a tarot deck has a specific structure. Tarot has a total of 78 cards. 22 majors and 56 minors. They are all generally read alike, as they have specific meanings assigned to each card and that varies little from deck to deck.

Oracle decks can have any number of cards and any meanings the author chooses to assign to them.

While tarot decks are somewhat interchangeable because the meanings of cards stay pretty much the same from one deck to the next, oracle decks are all very different and you can't pick up one and read with it right away if you have not learned the author/creator's system.

Do a search on oracle decks or "oracle tarot" and I'm sure you'll find lots of other threads on this subject.
      :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Comment

Thanks Lisa..I would give you some karma but it seems I need to spread more throughout the community first! Thanks a lot..!!!!
        I'm on the left. I love this picture.

Latest News: “Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X