This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Available Readers - Post here!

Brightshores had a great idea and here is the follow up for it.

This is NOT a reading request thread!

This thread is for readers who would like to offer free readings to post their information in. You may include any info. about the type of readings that you do, for example:

I offer readings using the following decks:
    I use the following (or various) spreads:
    I read for the following types of questions (or don't read for them):
    I will read for only those of this age (you may also want to include if you will read for animals, etc.):
    I need the following information in order to read for you (name, birthdate, etc. if required):

You may want to state that you are doing this in order to get practice and learn to read better. If you like you can state how many years you have been reading for. You may want to state that you will require detailed feedback or a reciprocal reading for the readings that you offer, etc. Another idea is to state how much background info. you like to receive beforehand, or how you like questions to be worded.

You may also wish to include a copy of your personal code of ethics, etc.

My suggestion is to also include some kind of notice in your signature such as:

Now accepting requests for tarot readings
    OR
    Not currently accepting tarot requests

Then you can either add a link to this thread in your siggy or not, it's up to you. That way, when a querent goes searching, they can easily see if you are available or not, and you will not be plagued by PM's if you are not up to reading or are too busy at the moment.

So, here is your thread! Let me know if you have any changes you'd like made or any other suggestions. Enjoy!
    Last edited by LisaT4P; January 17th, 2007, 04:31 PM. Reason: edited to change wording re: feedback request, etc.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

(Ah Lisa this is the same thing as when we had the guild isn't it?)

When it comes time to do readings I will go see who needs one done in the member to member reading forum, or on the occasion offer readings for a certain amount of time.

--
    I offer readings using the following decks: Rider Waite, Egyptian Deck, Art Nouveau and many others. I chose which deck to use when I get a reading request by energy feel.

I use the following (or various) spreads: 3, 5,7 card spreads, Celtic cross, and sometimes I just do general readings which most of the times I go through the deck focusing on the quearnt's question and pull the cards that are strongest in energy. So that can range from 1, 3 cards up to 20 .

I read for the following types of questions (or don't read for them): At this time I will not do past lives readings.

I will read for only those of this age (you may also want to include if you will read for animals, etc.): I will read for People ages 16 and up. And as for animals well never have come across that before so I do not know if I would or not :D

I require: I do not require any additional information other then your question which I need it to be very specific, or whether you want a general reading.

In exchange for my readings : I ask that you let me know at least you got the reading and feedback would be appreciated

ETA: I never post readings publicly, I send them to your email or pm the choice is yours.

ETAA: I only give one reading per person, every three weeks or so ( unless it is an important situation). I do not do readings for people who need one done every few days or week. Time is needed in between readings to learn or apply the guidance that the tarot reading has given you.

ETAAA:
    At any time I reserve the right to refuse or decline doing a reading
    Last edited by SilverClaw; April 26th, 2009, 07:09 PM.
    SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

Thanks LisaT4P!
      (I wasn't here during the Guild, so I have no idea. )

At this time, I will only do readings for people who post threads in the Reading Request forum. I will answer your post if I am able to read for you at that time.

I use the Goddess Tarot, Gilded Tarot, Gendron Tarot, Baseball Tarot, Lord of the Rings Tarot. If you would like me to use (or not to use) a specific deck, just ask.

I often use the standard Celtic Cross, but I will use a number of spreads depending on the question

I do not do past life readings, or anything that involves contacting spirits or the dead (I prefer to leave them in peace)

I will read for only those of this age (you may also want to include if you will read for animals, etc.):
      I'll read for people aged 15 and up. I've never come across the animal thing either. I shall have to practice on my cat.

I need the following information in order to read for you (name, birthdate, etc. if required):
      First name, general location (e.g. Ohio, London, Zimbabwe), age, and question. If I can read for you, I'll ask you to send me this in a PM - I wouldn't ask anyone to post that publicly if they don't wish to. Background information is helpful but not required.

I require ______ in exchange for my readings:
      Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Chocolate is also always welcome.

My Tarot philosophy: Tarot is a tool which helps us to understand ourselves, the influences affecting our lives, and the world around us. My Tarot readings should not be taken as the literal, inalterable, divinely ordained truth, but as insights, as a guide, and as a set of suggestions for action from a detached perspective. They can be immensely useful as a way to help understand one's life, but what they say should never be taken as a command or acted upon without carefully considering all relevant aspects of one's life. Please don't look at my readings, and based only on the cards, do something drastic like quit your job or divorce your husband.
      Last edited by Brightshores; October 23rd, 2007, 07:59 PM.
      sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

I offer readings with these decks: Rider Waite and Fairy Ring
        Spreads that I use: My most commonly used spreads are 3 or 5 card spreads, although I am happy to do a particular spread on request.
        I read for the following types of questions: I am happy to undertake readings for all sorts, although I do not undertake past life readings.
        I will read for: Anyone aged 16 or over. I have never read for animals so this is currently unavailable, sorry! :D
        Required information: Name, location, birthdate and age. I ask for your real first name so that I can connect with you more deeply. I am happy to receive this information in PMs if I am able to read for you.
        Important Info: I will only offer a certain number of readings at a time, and I will not read for the same person more than once in a short space of time. I will post the number of readings I am currently offering in my sig. All readings must either be requested in the reading request forum or directly via PM. I will respond only if I am able to read for you. I require nothing in return for my readings, except some feedback so that I may become a better tarot reader.
        Creu Gwir fel gwydr o ffwrnais awen...

"Belief is a beautiful armour/But makes for the heaviest sword..." - John Mayer

My site: http://www.kimblewitchery.co.uk

Comment

I am now available for readings. I will do readings by PM or through the MtM Reading Requests forum, but I only check up on things during the week, so if you don't hear from me for a few days that's why. I'm doing this to learn and practice and have a bit of fun. I've been reading tarot cards for about 5 years now.

I offer readings using the following decks: DruidCraft, Revelations, Shadowscapes, Rider-Waite; if you have a preference let me know - otherwise, I will decide based on the reading.

I use the following spreads: 3, 4, 5 card spreads, celtic cross - or whatever seems to suit the reading. I have two or three relationship spreads, and a few "critical issue" spreads that I've used and like.

I will not do: contact with the dead/otherworldly spirits. I also retain the right, in any private request, to suggest you look for another reader if the reading makes me uncomfortable. Other than that, I read for anyone over the age of 15 (and animals too, though that'd be new for me!)

I require FEEDBACK for my readings! I'd love to hear if you think my reading is spot on or coming from left field, and I'm happy to do "follow up" cards or PMs about things you have questions with. Also, I don't shy away from a bit of Karma either Any extra information that I think I need to do a reading I will PM you about and ask - usually your first name, and a bit of general information so that I can contextualize a reading about a specific question.

I use the Tarot as a way to better see and understand ourselves and the world around us as they exist at the time of the reading. Nothing is ever set in stone, and any implications of the future that you might see in a reading are there as of the time of the reading - but if you make changes, the future may change.

I do not believe that Tarot can predict the future, only that the Tarot can show you what might happen if things stay the way they are right now. (As such, I probably can't tell you what your future spouse will look like, what his/her job will be, and what year you will meet him.)
          Last edited by TheRiverDaughter; August 17th, 2010, 03:35 PM. Reason: Adding info

Comment

available reader

I offer readings using the following decks: Universal Waite, Golden Tarot, Victorian Romantic Tarot, and The Faeries' Oracle

Various- i usually like to find one or make one that corresponds well with the question. if you have a particular spread in mind, please let me know. i'll see what i can find.

I read for the following types of questions (or don't read for them): i prefer specific questions to "general" readings. we can discuss a question in a pm and decide whether i can give you the kind of information you are seeking.

13 or older...all species! i am EOTR= equal opportunity tarot reader (honesty, i have never read for an animal...but i have no qualms trying!)

I need the following information in order to read for you (name, birthdate, etc. if required): age, gender, and some general information about what is going on and what you would like insight on.

for more info and my tarot code of ethics please go to http://curiousfaestarotsite.blogspot.com/
            softly singing her wee frog prince to sleep.........

patiently awaiting the arrival of mr. darcy. (hopefully, my husband won't be the one to answer the door!)

AVAILABLE FOR READINGS

for tarot reading please review my tarot code of ethics at http://curiousfaestarotsite.blogspot...of-ethics.html
            or tarot readings here at MW see post http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2967043

Comment

I'm availabe to read.

I use the Rider Waite Tarot, have been reading for 20 years or so, I would like to read right now because spirit is moving me to become more connected with the mysticwicks community. I'll use the Celtic Cross spread, or maybe the spread of the week I'll read for anyone. In return for the reading, I request a email or pm telling me if I helped or not, and that those I read for do one good deed to anyone in return.

Oh- and by the way- If I reply to a reading request, I won't read until I have permission- so if you want that reading, REply to me!
              Last edited by Taliesyn; February 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

I have been studying tarot for 15 years and I have read professionally for the last 6 years or so.

I use various decks for the readings I give, all are based on the RWS style of tarot deck, which includes 78 cards. I do not use Oracle Decks for readings, unless I specifically state that I'm going to do so in your thread or in a PM.

I will usually make up a spread that I feel is appropriate to the question, often only 3 cards.

I read for most questions, with the caveat that I am not a doctor, lawyer, veterinarian, psychiatrist, accountant, etc. If I feel I can't respond to your PM or your thread I will let you know.

I read for adults 18 and older (I will check your profile to see if you are the correct age). I will read for animals (used to be my job!) I will not do third party readings (as I define them).

I only need your screen name and the general area of interest, i.e. relationship, career, etc. IMO, the less info. up front the better.

I will require feedback and discussion for the readings I give, and I offer further readings or discussion to clear up anything that my first reading may have missed.

I reserve the right to refuse to read for anyone, on any topic, at any time.

For these types of readings (MtoM RR section) I will only respond in PM or email form to respect your privacy, unless I am specifically requested to post your reading publicly. If you wish to post any of your reading publicly, I'd appreciate a PM or email first just letting me know that you are doing so. After all, it's your reading, but they are my words.

If you have any other questions about my reading style or code of ethics, feel free to PM me for more info.
                :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Comment

I have been reading tarot for 16 years, and have developed as an intuitive reader in this time. I do not read professionally, although I have in the past.
                  I enjoy reading for others to keep 'in shape', these days.

I offer readings using the following decks: Robin Wood, Crow's Magick.
                  (I may at some point offer readings from the Druid Animal Oracle, but will not do readings with that deck unless I specifically offer to.)

I use the following (or various) spreads: Celtic Cross, Pentacle, Past/Present/Future. (Druid Oracle readings will be simple 3-card mind/body/spirit only, when offered.)

I read for the following types of questions (or don't read for them): I will read for just about anything. I do not, however, do anything with past lives.

I will read for only those of this age (you may also want to include if you will read for animals, etc.): I will read for anyone 18+.

I need the following information in order to read for you (name, birthdate, etc. if required): Nothing. You don't even have to tell me the question, if you don't wish to. I read as well totally blind cold, as I would with more information. Give me as much info as you want, or as you're comfortable with, and we'll go from there. I prefer to work with as little information as possible.

I will answer follow-up questions on your reading, within reason. If you pass what I consider reasonable or go beyond what I can clarify from the previous reading, I might tell you it requires a second reading on the new question. I may or may not be able to give you a second reading, and if I do pursue your issue further than one reading I would appreciate some form of tip via Paypal.

I will not post a reading publicly. I will require an email address from you, that can accept attachments; I send your reading both in the body of the email, and as an attached .txt file.
                  INFP

MtoM Tarot reader; Not available for tarot requests right now.
                  View my MtoM Reader Profile

Comment

I've been reading with the tarot for about 12 years and with the runes and oracles for about 8 years. I've gotten a lot of online experience and have read at a couple of psychic faires and metaphysical shops. I just haven't had a lot of time to do readings in the last year. I'd like to make some time in my life to do this again.

All I ask is some kind of feedback - even if you just let me know you want to think about it for awhile. I'd like to see it paid forward - by giving someone else a reading or by sharing energy in the Energy Request forum.

. Hanson-Roberts tarot (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/hanson-roberts/)
                    . Crystal Ally oracle (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...al-ally-cards/)
                    . Good Witch/Bad Witch oracle (http://www.gilliankemp.com/goodbad.htm)
                    . Elder Futhark Runes (http://asatru.org/runes.html)

(You may ask for a reading with any of those but it's possible you would get a better reading with a different one, in which case I generally do both for comparison.)

Mostly 4 or 5 card layouts, sometimes a 9 card layout.

Mostly open to trying to answer any type of question.

I will read for only those of this age:
                    Will read for any age, but would like to have parental permission to read for those under age 16.

Would like to know gender, but nothing else needed.
                    Last edited by Lunacie; February 22nd, 2007, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I'm still fairly new here, but I'm not new to the Tarot (I started reading at the age of eight), so I thought I'd toss my hat in the ring. I'm not working at the moment so I can accept readings indefinitely, and it'll be good to stay in practice.

I offer readings using the following decks: If you don't request a specific deck for your reading, I will likely use one of the following:

- World Spirit Tarot
                      - Radiant RWS
                      - Tarot of Prague
                      - DruidCraft Tarot
                      - Universal Fantasy Tarot

I have around 50 decks and am open to reading with most of them, so if you would really like a reading using a specific deck, just ask -- there's a good chance I'll be able to accommodate you. I also have a handful of oracle decks (Fairy Ring, Medicine Cards, Froud's Faeries' Oracle, Druid Animal Oracle, Archangel Oracle and Shaman Wisdom cards), but will not use these unless specifically requested.

I use the following (or various) spreads: I use a variety of spreads, mostly 7-10 cards, depending on what I feel is appropriate to the question.

I read for the following types of questions (or don't read for them): I will generally read for any question concerning this life. I also offer some past-life readings in the interest of self-discovery. I will not contact spirits or the dead.

I will read for only those of this age (you may also want to include if you will read for animals, etc.): I will read for anyone over 18. I've never tried reading for animals. Excuse me while I get my cat.

I need the following information in order to read for you (name, birthdate, etc. if required): Your real first name (or a nickname that you answer to daily) and whether you are male or female. Any other information you wish to provide is fine, but I don't need it.
                      Last edited by Keldra; February 20th, 2007, 10:21 PM. Reason: Forgot an oracle.

Comment

Hello, i'm Jason. I've been doing readings off and on for about 6 yrs. I'm relatively new to it and still required to use a book. I've just recently been doing readings for close Friends and Family and i started with the old trust Rider Waite a few years ago.

Many Blessings,
                        Cu' Callieach

. The Rider-Waite Tarot
                        . Vampire tarot

Celtic Cross, 3 card Spread (past, present, future)

Mostly open to trying to answer any type of question.

16 and up.

just your question is all and your screen name..
                        I will offer to do the readings via Instant Messenger (i have MSN, Yahoo, and AOL Messenger)
                        Last edited by cu_callieach; February 22nd, 2007, 06:17 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi all. Compared to most of the people here I'm fairly inexperienced. I've had an interest in Tarot for the past 5 years now, and studied them off and on, but have only really studied them thoroughly and practiced properly since December 2006.

However, what readings I have done for other people have been successful and I'm looking to gain experience so that I might be able to read professionally in the future.

The Rider Tarot Deck
                          The Archeon Tarot
                          The Revelations Tarot

Feel free to pick one if you like, otherwise I will.

Celtic Cross, 3 Card, 5 Card Horse-Shoe and the Chakra readings are my favourites, but I do a variety of different kinds. Feel free to ask for any spread you like, including any spread from the Spread of the Week threads, or one of your own devising (just explain it to me and it should be all good).

I also do a yearly spread - two cards for every month as well as two overall cards. This is a VERY extensive reading but if you feel the need for a map of the year, feel free to request it. It's quite epic so give me a little time to get back to you.

Any kind of question suffices. I'll do my best. Past lives however... you may want to look into someone more expert in that area but I'm definitely willing to give it a try. Not taking readings for third parties or animals.

15 and over, but I can make exceptions, depending. For me, age limits are due to maturity and life experience and so therefore, the age varies. But 15 sounds like a good general guideline, don't you think so?

I need the following information in order to read for you:

Name and age, and area of interest (what occupies your time the most, and any info that is relevant to the question you're asking. Also if you have a personal Significator, feel free to let me know.
                          Last edited by Glory; June 25th, 2007, 02:00 AM.
                          :cheers:

Comment

I thought I better add my name to this thread.

I also offer I Ching readings as well, partly if you need a spread or issue I've read for clarifying, partly if you need a more concrete answer than tarot can often provide. Also I would like to experiment with using non-tarot cards - for instance trying out a reading based on my collectible gaming cards (Magic: The Gathering - go and google it!). I don't have any runes, though, so those are out for the moment.

Any suitable illustrated deck. I work from images rather than from specific book-learned meanings, and use the pictures to create a storyline or scenario. I like the Revelations Tarot, the Morgan-Greer and the Avalon Tarot, but will use the deck I feel is most suited to the person asking or the question involved. I keep up with new decks all the time, and enjoy using non-RWS systems; I don't tend to use Crowley-Thoth though, as it requires a very systematic interpretation which tends to go wrong when I try to work without.

A variety of spreads, depending on the question. I will post the spread along with the reading in your PM; I usually use about 7-10 cards for the main spread and include any cards that "jump" during shuffling (at both ends of the spread, after as well as before) and will use clarifiers to confirm any cards which don't make a huge amount of sense to me or are opaque in meaning.

Any kind, apart from past lives, since I think this requires more direct methods of regression such as hypnosis or clairvoyant mediumship. I tend to look at using the tarot as an advisory tool, although I will be specific if I see definite things within.

As a rule, if you ask me "when", I will include a card that refers to timing, but since my own work with exact timings has been very difficult to judge, I won't name a specific date; rather I will help guide you to a rough estimate of what the progress is on this issue or what you have to do to make it come about.

I do however believe (contrary to some modern opinions) in destiny and fate, since the random actions of others impinge on our own free will (if I could exercise my own free will absolutely, I would be Prime Minister by now!), so I won't shy away from trying to answer "when" questions.

I don't mind reading for kids, and will use a deck like the Waldherr's Goddess Tarot to soften the impact of some of the cards, so I guess if you are old enough to be posting on this forum, you are old enough to get a reading from me. But I would appreciate if you let me have your age or DoB as I don't want to use a more mature deck (like the Avalon Tarot) for someone who isn't over 18.

I need the following information in order to read for you:

Question, gender and DoB would be nice. If you want a general reading, don't hesitate, but I do like something to base my spiel on.
                            "I am the cat who walks by [herself] and all places are alike to me" - Rudyard Kipling, "Just So Stories"

"If you can teach someone to hate, you can also teach them how to love" - Corrie Ten Boom

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" - Native American proverb

"Ask the Green Man where he comes from / Ask the Cup that fills with red / Ask the old grey Standing Stones / That show the Sun his way to bed

"Question all as to their ways / And learn the secrets that they hold / Walk the lines of Nature's palm / Crossed with silver and with gold

"Pass the word and pass the Lady / Pass the plate to all that hunger / Pass the wit of ancient wisdom / Pass the cup of crimson wonder!"

- Jethro Tull, "Cup of Wonder"

Comment

Konnichi Wa to All:

I will be looking into the Members Requesting of Members Tarot Forum a lot more often for the next forseeable future in order to get Reading Requests.

I do have a Specialty, and that is doing Afterlife Reincarnation Tarot Readings.

So if you have someone who is Deceased and are wondering how their Next Life is doing to go, then make such a Reading Request to me.

KNR

Comment

Working...
                              X