I have submitted my work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have submitted my work...

...to Schiffer Books. They are "slowing down" with their Tarot contracts, & it may be a LONG time before I know anything from them for sure. Well, fact is that Dal Negro told me to submit too - though they didn't so much as give me specs!! - however, I have them to go to as well so I may not just wait around.

I also have a line on a really GREAT company who prints up Tarot decks, & all I have to do is have the accompanying booklet printed up elsewhere - my local print-shop - because they allow like 45 pages, & mine is 140. haha

If I go with them, I will have the booklet printed up 1st, then I'll tell them how much extra room I will need in the box to the exact measurement.

Anyway, this project is going to see the shelves by sometime next year, MAX... (Wish me luck!)

Wonderful If it goes all to plan I'd like to buy once I am in Canada permantly.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

Adam and Meagan sitting in a tree K I S S I N G

Founder of the Soli-Tarty movement - Pagan tarts unite (in my bedroom)

Comment

Hopefully it'll be available EVERYWHERE! hehe

Comment

Oooo, good luck...can't wait to see it:boing: and get one!

Nothing in the world is friendlier than a wet dog:hahugh:

Sometimes I dream that a big, giant squirrel is carrying me away. Does that make me a nut?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
        Disciple of Jodarius~~Keep of the Names
        AKA: VroomBroom

Proud mom of a LCPL, US Marine!
        VMAQ1
        Semper Fi!

Comment

Good deal! Keep us posted!
          :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Comment

Wow, that's amazing!! I hope everything goes as planned!!

Avatar: prettyflamingo (LiveJournal)

Comment

Ok, word-up from Schiffer:

She said, (quote,) "Thank you for your beautiful submission." :D

Now for the baddish newz...

It will be at least a YEAR before they make any decision.

I have now submitted to Dal Negro, who were VERY VERY VAGUE about submissions so I'm not too happy about that. However, I also wrote to good ol' USG (AGAIN!! ), & am waiting to hear back about what exactly to send.

Luck again!!

Comment

Good luck and keep at it. :boing:
                ~*The Image is Clear & So Is The Choice*~

Comment

Hehe!!

Word-up peeps, I heard back from Dal Negro.

Seems that when they ignored my last e-mail, turns out there were glaring omissions in my info. Also, they FINALLY sent me the specs which I ASKED for, & did NOT get as I say, MOST annoying...

I have to do the cards at 60x104mm, so not huge but anyway they MIGHT just be interested because she stated, "Before we discuss a price..." & I am assuming that that means on the deck itself, NOT the print-run - um?? Yeah, they PUBLISH - not PRINT, fine distinction. That's what my impression is anyhoo!

So anyway, back to work - to make up the cards at that size & with a white border for bleed & trim. :D

I'll be back - HAHAHA!!

Comment

Well.

They are done & sent.

I now have to wait until MONDAY - AAAAAAAAARRRGH!!

Comment

Well, a big fat "BLEAH" to Dal Negro. They are just a factory, NOT a publishing house - I was expected to pay about $1800 for their SERVICES.

Well.

I have written to USG last week, Thursday or Friday, & I am waiting on their word about what to send in for a submission.

Who knows, they may even go for the idea...

Comment

Working...
                      X