X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarot Study: The Chariot

Here is the R-W card.
    ~mudweed~
    If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand.
    the Buddha

mudweed is

Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha

The Chariot: Meanings

*Victory
    *Will
    *Self-assertion
    *Self-control
    *Hard Control
    *A journey
    *Fruition of a project
    *Car-related issues
    *making progress
    *Hubris
    *Life Path
    *Moves/movement
    *Outside influences
    ~mudweed~
    If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand.
    the Buddha

mudweed is

Comment

The Chariot: Correspondences

Astrological sign: Cancer
      Musical Note: D
      Color: Orange-yellow
      Gem: Amber, chalcedony
      Animal: Sphinx, crab, turtle
      Plant: Lotus, Olive, watercress
      ~mudweed~
      the Buddha

mudweed is

Comment

The Chariot

Well now that I’m comfortable with my own analysis ability I will give a go at the symbolism of this card without reference to the books. Wow where to start!

Ok the black and white sphinx are clearly opposites, male-female, good-bad. The overall feel of this card is one of triumph. People returning from wars where they were victorious would ride in chariots through the city to show off and get accolades from the people of the city. This man is obviously a conqueror. He has a wand in his hand that may symbolize the magician. The stared curtains above and below symbolize the veil of the unknown that must be penetrated to gain knowledge. So without consulting the books I would say. The card means victory, triumph in battle, decision between two opposites, and a search for unknown knowledge before the culmination of the matter. Ok now to the books.

All of the above is ok, but the card also indicates that a will of iron is necessary, strong control of the situation. Arrogance is to be guarded against

The numeric symbolism is the number seven connects it with fate, destiny, and transformation. In a pair of dice, the opposite sides of each die add up to 7. There are listed seven separate acts of creation in Genesis, and in the influence of seven metals and seven planets. In Eastern philosophy then we have the seven-fold law of divine harmony, and the seven charkas.

The card also is a transition from the safe confines of the home and protection of the family to grow into independence and activity in the public world. The youthful king is returning victorious.

In a reading this card usually means the fighting of battles that are of no surprise to you, as these are ongoing. I means that victories but with hard work and effort. It is also a vehicle, which may indicate that a new vehicle is in your future.

Victory, triumph, effort, known battles & enemies, new car, transition to the worldly realm.

I had read somewhere about the sphinx, and I am not satisfied with the little attention this pair has gotten from the conventional interpretation sources. I am sure that there is way more to this. Especially since they are male-female. It is rare that the two-element sphinx shown here would be represented as female. This whole card shouts of opposite energies, pulling in two different directions. It even indicates that one direction is right and the other wrong. Because it is strong energy it would seem that the charioteer would need a strong willpower to guide them, especially since he has no direct method to control them. I intend to do further research on this.

http://www.tween-the-shadows.com/mag...ick/sphinx.php
        http://www.ancientnile.co.uk/symbols.php

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
        I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
        democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Hijacking from the earlier discussion:

Spiral Tarot

In the one hand, the charioteer holds a sataff with a triangle inside a square on the end. The other hand is clenched into a fist, which he holds up higher than the other hand.

I see this as part of the card (as well as the fact that he looks staright ahead with no real emotion showing) as determination and pride - like no one could outrace this fellow. He is the best trained charioteer, to him, which could also make him a bit self-centered, I suppose.

The two beings (they don't look like sphynxes in this deck) in front of the chariot are one black one (left) and one light one (right), but these two are sitting in water, which I see as an obstacle that must be overcome.
          Onto the RW

I see this as tough control - as would be commanding a chariot!
          The man driving the chariot looks stern, as one not to be meddled with. He knows what he is doing.

The one thing that bothers me about this card is the amount of rough, 90-degree edges on the chariot itself. It strikes me as just that - rough.

Comment

mudweed, this one will require some time from me, there is so much to see here.

I'll write as soon as I can, I've been a bit busy at home. Just wanted to let you know I'm paying attention, even though the assigment might take a few days in getting done.

Blessed be!

Gigi

Comment

This card represents someone who has the power to battle and conquer. He or She will come out victorious. He/She is the star (as shown by his/her crown). The yellow background brings attention to the card. I see a bright (positive) outcome. The Egyptian statues sit in a rested position, as if the character in the card has dominated over them, they have been made tamed.

This card for me represents a battle won, or inner turmoil finally at peace. The city stands behind the chariot in peace. This is a triumphant card.

Comment

*Victory - definitely
                *Will - yes
                *Self-assertion - yes
                *Self-control - yes
                *Hard Control - ?, not so much "hard" control, I don't think so
                *A journey - yes
                *Fruition of a project - ?
                *Car-related issues - a vehicle, carrier, carried by means of some type of transportation
                *making progress - ?
                *Hubris ? Mudweed, what is Hubris?
                *Life Path - yes
                *Moves/movement - don't see this, unless you mean to take action to what you want to do, a positive "go-ahead with your plans".
                *Outside influences - ?

Comment

Earlier I had written that the Sphinxes were tamed. But even when I wrote it, I was doubtful if I was using the right term. I feel as if the Sphinxes have some type of bond, amicability with the chariot rider. Any suggestion why I feel this? Like they are on his side, triumphant over his accomplishment, like a partnership.

hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigi
                    Earlier I had written that the Sphinxes were tamed. But even when I wrote it, I was doubtful if I was using the right term. I feel as if the Sphinxes have some type of bond, amicability with the chariot rider. Any suggestion why I feel this? Like they are on his side, triumphant over his accomplishment, like a partnership.

hmmm.
                    Well Gigi it seems to me that he has some sort of control, however, as is clear in the card, it isn't in any kind of direct manner; i.e. reins. So in order to have control, it must be on a more mental level, even if voice command is used there has to be some sort of trust bond for this to be effective. The fact that they have human faces makes them appear more intelligent than mere animals, so a bond would seem more appropriate than the more direct, physical control that would be necessary for mere animals. Thanks for this insight, I had to take a look anew at this card, and even more stuff comes out everytime I look after reading the stuff on this thread.
                    Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
                    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Working...
                    X