Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mw Tarot Deck Donation Program

TAROT DECK DONATION PROGRAM

First, I want to say a little thank you to Mol and the other MWers who entrusted me with coordinating this program. I'm happy to volunteer, and I'm glad that you believe I'll do a good job. I certainly intend to try!

WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT

The Tarot Deck Donation Program came about when one of our members (riverchilde) made a post offering a free tarot deck to a beginning reader who couldn't afford to purchase their own. Pretty soon, the whole idea took off, and other members offered decks in the same spirit. We figured that those who wanted to explore the tarot shouldn't be held back by money issues when some of us had decks on hand that we weren't using; decks that needed a "good home." It seemed a great way to put an unused deck back into service!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I've received several requests for specific tarot decks. Although I can understand why a person might have a particular deck in mind, this program was designed to match tarot newbies with a used deck in order to help them learn to read. It is not a tarot exchange program or a means to get that deck you've always wanted. Not only is a request for a specific deck not really in the spirit of things, but it could potentially create a very long waiting list, since popular decks are more likely to be in use by their owners. I don't mean to sound critical of those who did ask for specific decks. On the contrary, I feel I probably just wasn't clear enough about what our program is all about. I hope this makes it more apparent.

Here's how it works...

IF YOU HAVE A DECK TO DONATE:

DON'T POST HERE. Simply send a PM to me and include the following information:
    • Title of deck
    • Any pertinant information about the deck (Is it damaged? Does it come with a book? Is it a non-standard deck such as an oracle or majors only? etc.)
    • Who will pay shipping; you, or the person receiving the deck? (If you wish to have the recipient pay for shipping, please include payment information and your postal address.)
    • Are you willing to ship internationally?

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A DONATED DECK:

Again, DON'T POST HERE. Send me a PM with the following:
    • Your postal mailing address
    • Would you accept a non-standard deck? (Oracle, majors only, etc.)
    • Are there any specific decks or types of decks you will not accept? (example: decks that are specific to a certain religion or tradition, erotic/adult decks, etc.)
    • Are you able to pay shipping costs if necessary?
    • Are you 18 years of age or older?

SOME GUIDELINES

Because we want to ensure that our donated tarot decks are put to good use and go to a "good home," we do have the following minimum requirements of anyone wishing to acquire a donated deck.

• You must be 18 years of age or older. (Sorry, we just don't want to be responsible for handing out decks to minors whose parents may not approve. )
    • You must be a Mystic Wicks member who:
      .....Has been a member for 30 days or more
      .....Has a minimum post count of 50 posts

I will post information about the available decks unless there is a waiting list of members wanting decks and I match them to a new owner instantly. (This could very well happen!) I'll match the decks by order of preferences and on a first come/first served basis. We want to keep this as fair as possible so that all the available decks make it into the hands of members in need. I'll also try to post matchmaking results, so we can see how the program is succeeding, but I'll keep things anonymous so nobody has to feel embarrassed about asking assistance.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped initiate and plan for this program. Let's make it a success!
    Last edited by AuroraSilvermist; August 12th, 2004, 12:36 PM.

Excellent! You guys and gals rock.
    mol

sitegod/system_Administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma

Comment

Donated Decks & Decks Matched

Specific information about decks available is not listed here. Names of those who donated or received decks are also not listed to protect the anonymity of those using the program.

Available Decks

Decks marked "matched" have been shipped and received.

1- Standard deck. Boxed w/ book REMOVED
      1- Standard deck. Used MATCHED
      1- Oracle deck. Boxed w/ book
      1- Standard deck MATCHED
      1- Non-Standard deck w/book
      1- Standard deck w/book MATCHED
      1- Non-standard deck w/booklet
      1- Standard deck w/book
      1- Standard deck w/book
      1- Standard deck w/booklet
      1- Non-standard deck w/book
      1- Standard deck in box, never used MATCHED
      1- Non-standard deck w/book
      1- Non-standard deck

Definition of Terms

Standard deck: A 78-card deck featuring relatively traditional (Rider-Waite type) imagery
      Oracle deck: Usually a deck with fewer than 78 cards and a specific system for reading which usually requires a book to learn
      Non-Standard deck: A deck that does not have traditional imagery, and may or may not have 78 cards. Some decks feature only major arcana, etc.
      Last edited by AuroraSilvermist; August 24th, 2004, 03:43 PM.

Comment

This sounds like a wonderful program. Good luck to all who are involved.

Comment

Ummm...is there any way we could get some updates...like if a deck was donated and accepted, could we post that? I feel like the program died because we can't tell if anything is happening

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
          I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
          so I love you because I know no other way
          than this:
          so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
          so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pablo Neruda

Disclaimer: If you're looking for a debate, please look elsewhere. I'm not judging anyone personally, I'm simply stating my opinion. Some people seem to enjoy conflict...I don't. Please save your arguements for someone who does.

Comment

I think that would be a good idea. As for the program, it rocks!
            I'm a paranoid schizophrenic, I am my own entourage

Thanks to Asthmorte for the banners. :yourock:

Comment

i just got a pm from indigorat saying the deck got there... does that help?

Comment

yep :D

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
                I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
                so I love you because I know no other way
                than this:
                so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
                so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pablo Neruda

Disclaimer: If you're looking for a debate, please look elsewhere. I'm not judging anyone personally, I'm simply stating my opinion. Some people seem to enjoy conflict...I don't. Please save your arguements for someone who does.

Comment

The program hasn't died...I was just on vacation, as it says above in my note. :D

Right now, we have more generous offers for deck donations than we have people requesting decks, which is a great position to be in! I have all the decks that are available posted above, and I'll update whenever somebody is matched and an exchange is made.

Comment

AuroraSilversmist...I had PMd you with a list of decks I'd like to donate...and apparently the PM didn't go through since I don't have it in my "sent folder"......(doh! grumble grumble).....I'll have to redo the PM I guess..but I do have several decks you're welcome to ....
                    The two things that make life worthwhile are love and joy. If you find one, the other is sure to follow.

Comment

Just wanted to post that I recieved my deck today! I am looking forward to learning to read!
                      user formerly known as DixieWitch.
                      Me on Facebook

Comment

I received the deck from zakzekezedd yesterday, and I couldn't be happier. The deck that was sent to me is the deck that I have been wanting for a very long time. What are the odds?
                        RedPhoenix

Comment

I am still waiting for mine....I don't think this is meant to happen for me.

Comment

Glad to see it still going

I still have my deck ready to ship, whenever you need it. We will have to bump this occassionally just to keep it up on the lists.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
                            I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                            democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

What a really cool idea! :flowers:
                              all I ever wanted was to be your only one
                              all I ever gained was heartache tears and blood
                              all I ever do each night is cry myself to sleep
                              I always cry myself to sleep
                              Yeah and thats not healthy no
                              why must you lead me on
                              make me think its over and all the crap is gone
                              why do I try so hard to fullfill your needs
                              when all you ever do is trash me
                              You f***ing trash me
                              Yeah
                              -jd natasha{imperfecta cd}

Thanks so much to Shatril for rotating my banners for me! :yourock:

Comment

Working...
                              X