Want a review of two oracle decks that I just ordered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a review of two oracle decks that I just ordered

I just ordered the Enchanted Oracle ( http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/enchanted-oracle/ ) and Magical Unicorns Oracle ( http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/magical-unicorns/ ).

I'll post my own review too once I've used them for a bit. Thanks!
    Check out my shop for a variety of jewelry, salves, crafts, and more: www.divineessencecreations.com

Find me on Facebook for updates, coupons, and discussions on products that you want to see: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Divine...85628011493663

I don't own either deck.

Enchanted because it seemed to me as though the "oracle" was an afterthought. These are existing paintings, not work specifically made for a deck.

Unicorns because I don't like any of the decks I've seen by Doreen Virtue.

Those are just MHO, though. I'm sure others who do actually own them will have more to offer.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Comment

My older sister uses the Unicorn deck and seems to really like it.

I was tempted by the Enchanted Oracle, until I got a real look at the cards. I liked the artwork, but it seems more focused on the art than anything else. Didn't speak to me at all.

Now accepting tarot reading requests.Click here for more information.

Comment

I just picked up the Enchanted Oracle today, because I'm a bit of a faery freak Haven't worked with it, yet, so I can't really give a good review of it, but I like what I've seen so far.

It IS simply Jessica's existing paintings scaled down to deck size. The book was written by the same woman who did the book for the Mystical Faerie Tarot, which is one of my favorites.

The faery necklace that comes with it is just a cheapo Tinkerbell necklace... seriously... I've seen the exact same design used in many a Tinkerbell necklace all over... but I didn't even realize there was a faery necklace with it until AFTER I bought the set, so it's no big deal to me, really.

I don't know about the Unicorn deck, but I've never really liked any of the Doreen Virtue decks, because they just don't seem to have any depth to them.
        ~*~
        There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
        Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
        I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

Originally posted by aranarose View Post

I don't know about the Unicorn deck, but I've never really liked any of the Doreen Virtue decks, because they just don't seem to have any depth to them.
          Don't have either. I have one of Doreen Virtue's decks, the Saints and Angels Oracle.

They don't have much depth to them, would probably fall into the "fluffy" category. That said, when I'm depressed, a bit of fluffiness can be a good thing if my innate cynicism doesn't get in the way.

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it!"
          Arthur Dent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mass hysteria and mass complacency are flip sides of the same coin. Never panic, always think for yourself. Question all information, even from those individuals and sources you hold most cherished, for in those instances, complacency and hysteria alike become all too easy. All information either comes from humans or is filtered through the human mind (our own or another's) and thus subject to human faults no matter if it comes from a scientist or a messiah. Question it. And constantly question yourself.

Neither ravens nor wolves like to be gilt in silver.

Comment

Okay, after a day of having the deck, and attempting a couple of readings at it, I've come to the conclusion that it's a pretty deck, and great for the artwork, but not so great for the readings.

The companion book is nice, but you have to refer to it entirely too much, as interpreting the cards is... well... not easy. It's lacking a lot of symbolism, and they names of the cards do little to indicate what they might possibly mean.

Take, for example, the card Nemesis. To me, this might indicate an enemy of some sort, someone who may hold a grudge against you. That's based on the name of the card alone. However, the picture itself is simply a faery holding a sword, which is more of a Justice-type association. And that's how the book interprets it.

I'll continue to work with the deck, and see if perhaps over time I find more depth to it.

I have several faery decks, from the Mystic Faery Tarot, to the Fey Tarot, the Oracle of the Dragonfae, and of course, The Froud Faeries Oracle.

Tarot decks, regardless of the theme of the deck, bring Tarot meanings and structure to them. The different pictures bring slightly different associations, and allow your intuition to work in different ways, but ultimately, the Ace of Cups is the Ace of Cups.

And with the Oracle of the Dragonfae, if you aren't picking anything up from the image itself, the name and subtitle on the card instantly clue you in as to the meaning and you can go from there.

The Froud Faeries' Oracle talks. And I mean that quite literally. They are the single most chattery deck of cards I have ever had. And I have a three-shelf bookcase FULL of decks... Those cards might not mean the same thing every time, but you WILL know what they mean.

So I will say that I'm a tad disappointed in the Enchanted. I love the fae, and working with the fae is a huge part of my path. But there is a distinct difference between this deck and others that I have. The art is beautiful, yes, but it's only art. It's not a living deck like my others are. I don't really FEEL it like I do with my others.
            ~*~
            There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
            Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
            I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

The Froud Faeries' Oracle talks. And I mean that quite literally. They are the single most chattery deck of cards I have ever had. And I have a three-shelf bookcase FULL of decks... Those cards might not mean the same thing every time, but you WILL know what they mean.
              I agree here. The Froud Faerie Oracle definitely makes it clear what they are trying to say. Sometimes in a nice way, sometimes like a slap in the face, but almost always with a sense of humor behind it. I love those cards. (But then again, I notice possessions of my disappearing and other strange things happening when I use them. Go figure... I also can't find my Druid Plant Oracle book, and got strange sense that "something" is holding it hostage until I break out my Froud Cards. *laughs*)

Now accepting tarot reading requests.Click here for more information.

Comment

I have several faery decks, from the Mystic Faery Tarot, to the Fey Tarot, the Oracle of the Dragonfae, and of course, The Froud Faeries Oracle.
                Evening

As you're into faery oracles and use them quite a bit....have you've seen (or perhaps even have) the fairly new one by Selina Fenech.....Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle? She has quite a few cards in the Oracle of the DragonFae. I love Selina's art and style......and had been waiting for it for so long!! It came out end of May....

I've been working with it for a couple weeks now and it's a most magical, otherworldy and exquisite oracle....the images really speak to me on the deepest level. Lucy Cavendish wrote the book that comes with it and it's an actual large 188 pg. book! She really delves into every card in the most enchanting way.

You might already have it, but just wanted to mention it, if you don't have it.....I think it would be an oracle you would love.

Winter Rouses All My Grief

Comment

Working...
                X