No announcement yet.

Deviant Moon Tarot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just purchased this deck from deviantmoon.com -- I am so excited! I can hardly wait for it to arrive! :boing:
    little zombies by p. robertson
    i was by zetta

Comment

Wait...There is a companion book other than the little white book that comes with the deck????

How good is it? Does it go into details of the rendering of the art?

Comment

My deck has arrived -- wow, it's beautiful. The cards are very slim, aren't they?
        little zombies by p. robertson
        i was by zetta

Comment

Yes, zombi, the deck is very slim. I find the cards a tad longer than I'd like them to be, my hands are small and they are hard to shuffle. Once you get them broken in, it's fine, though!

karmanaught, there isn't a companion book to go with this deck other than the little white book that comes inside with the actual deck, and there isn't much to that.

I contacted Patrick Valenza about it, and he is urging people to contact US Games and request one. He told me that there are stories to the deck just waiting to be told, and I'm sure it would be an excellent investment!

Comment

Originally posted by Morgane View Post
            Wait...There is a companion book other than the little white book that comes with the deck????

How good is it? Does it go into details of the rendering of the art?

No, there is no companion book for the Deviant Moon, though so many of us wish there was!

Actually Patrick is working on a companion book for it, hopefully US Games decides to publish it. If not, nowadays it's so easy to self-publish.

But Patrick is really busy....working on the Deviant Moon's 'sister deck' as he calls it, illustrating children's stories and many other things!

You can see a lot of his thoughts and reasons behind his images in his blog.
            Winter Rouses All My Grief

Comment

I think I'd rather have the 'sister deck' than the companion book, any old day! :uhhuhuh:

I actually contacted Patrick and he said that for those of us who are interested in a companion book, it might be beneficial if we contact US Games and express our interest. I did...

But I'm anxiously awaiting his new deck, and I certainly wouldn't want to interfere with his work on that!

Comment

I'm probably reviving a somewhat old thread, but I love this deck soooo much...
                Hmmm, oh well! LOL!

Unlike most "dark" decks, this one doesn't rely so much on guts, gore, and ghouls (which I can definitely get into, LOL!), but I think it relies more on "dreamlike" imagery - it evokes a feeling of waking up from an odd, nightmarish dream.

One of my absolute favorite aspects about this deck is the are the "waxing" and "waning" characteristics of the faces of some of the characters: the "waxing" side representing the conscious and the waking world, and the "waning" side representing the unconscious/subconscious, or the dream state.

The artwork is very sleek, and has a very modern feel, and I love the rich colors and textures. Plus, I think the artist's use of old tombstones, asylums, etc., to be very unique and very imaginative.

Comment

Working...
                X